Wednesday 20 January 2010

Bakes and cakes of the week..

While I have at the back of my mind the "change" that is much needed, baking somehow occupied the most part of my brain! So, I have started taking orders but this year it will not be so intensified, I have decided to devote my time to growing up kids' school work. I will also be attending a few courses on baking and cake decorating soon. And, I will also start my baking classes, after so many requests, also soon, wait for the announcement ya!

Back at home, even though it has only been two weeks into the new years (Muslim and orang putih calendar), I think the children are doing pretty ok, so far. Khadijah had started her pure science stream schooling in her old school, and the boys in ADNI. Ibraheem is a school prefect and Yusof has on his own accord signed up the tahfiz program in school, alhamdulillah. And I am beginning to see the positive changes in Yusof already, I can't ask for more, can I. Umar is now in standard one, but he's having all the traits of his elder brothers when they were his age.....all the excuses when asked to finish school work, what is new! Hajar is more clear and vocal in her conversations, calling the morning walkers who pass by my house..."atuk, atuk, good morning"....she is much influenced by Upin and Ipin. And Muhammad has two teeth, and he is still very sensitive to the weather, but he's health is improving...

And here are the cakes of last week...
Rustic carrot cake ordered by Noni, thanks Noni for your support all this while!
Vanilla cupcakes ordered by Zunika, tqs Ika!
This is supposed to replicate Mak Ngah, the kindy teacher! Thanks Gina MTT No More for this order!
Vanilla cupcakes with caramel buttercream topping!
Steamed fruit cake, Gina's mom's favourite! Wiz, recipe will follow sooon....
Ultraman cake, ordered by Marwati, thank you dear!
Chocolate cupcakes with chocolate ganache, with Ultraman edible image...
Vanilla cupackes with Ultraman edible image, thank you Kak Lea for the fast delivery of the image!
Thank you Alida for this order, may you be happier in your new venture, inshaallah!
And thank you also to Aisyah for your endless support in ordering, I missed the photos of the cupcakes as I was stuck in traffic when you came...

9 comments:

mumsie said...

i nak tumpang bangga, boleh? You are VERY talented!

MrsNordin said...

Hey! Hey! I want that Ultraman cake!! That's so wonderful... I'm sure Nizzar would love it!!

Sweet Serenity said...

Luv the ultraman cuppies as well!! Is it too early to place an order for Syajie's fourth birthday in December?

Mama Huptihup said...

i knew it!! when i saw the ultraman kek tu, sure Mrs N akan order utk nizar! haha betul pun..

u are so talented lah kak yani...with the amount of cake that u have baked, i wonder why lah u masih kecik molek!!

Shahieda said...

You're on a roll woman! Just love the vanilla cuppies and the teddies are so adorable!

Have you managed to send the souffle cups already?? I desperately need them :(

Madam Tai Tai Again said...

Yani, the fruit cake was divided into 3 portions - a portion for my mum/sis, my aunt and my SIL (whom I didn't even know suka fruit cake - she normally doesn't eat cakes). Laku!!

Thanks also for the beautiful birthday cuppies. The design was so pretty and the cakes sedap.

NanaDJ said...

Yani,
You are so clever, such beautiful cakes! Wish I can bake like you, unfortunately my family are not cake eaters. When do you find the time to do the cakes beats me. Hope to see you soon, insyaallah.

kay_leeda said...

KG,

Your carrot cake looks so yummy. One of these days, I'll give you a buzz okay. I cannot bake lah...but so happy to know that there are many blogger friends who can do it so well. Me no worry no more :D

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts with Thumbnails