Tuesday 11 May 2010

French Yoghurt Cake and Mother's Day!

What a lovely Sunday morning it was, to be making this cake in almost a dash (serious! It was very quick!) while cleaning my kitchen and Muhammad clinging to me!! And, the result.......DIVINE!! As usual, I have to give a twist to the recipe that I was trying, he he! So, what did I do?

I reduced the sugar by 20g and added 1 tablespoon golden syrup, and instead of using corn oil, I used melted butter of the same amount! I didn't like marmalade preserve, so husband bought mango, passion fruit and pineapple preserve (IXL's) to spread on the cake!

And like how fast I made it, the cake was gone also in a flash, when we ate them at my sil's house in PJ! I was there visiting her before she 'enrols' again in UMMC for her 4th chemo, and also to celebrate mothers' day with my mil!

Thank you Jen and Tina for this recipe, and I must get that Dorie Greenspan book, soon! For those of you who wish to try this recipe, please see here: http://friendswhobake.blogspot.com/ .
Kitchen Guardian with Khadijah!
Kitchen Guardian's mom!
Kitchen Guardian's mil.....it's very rare that you see her in this mode this days....but last Sunday, we were all merry! Thank you maks for making me the way I am today!

3 comments:

mamasita said...

Awwh..so simple and sweet..both cake and mak mak..hehe

jenny_bakes said...

Your yogurt cake looks divine! Nice job!!

Tina said...

Happy belated Mother's Day, KG! actually everyday pun is mom's day for a supermom like you, kan?? :)

the cake is super-simple and easy to make kan?? my girls have been baking them every other day tuk bawak bekal jamu friends and teachers :D

Related Posts with Thumbnails