Thursday 19 May 2011

Tenggiri Fishball Soup

People always ask how I find time to cook...the truth is that the recipes that I chose are super simple and easy to make....a no brainer (to me) as I call it...I haven't the luxury of time, I have six children and I haven't a helper either...but then, good food is homecooked food, right!

So....how about this fishball soup....well, they weren't really round to call fishball, but yeah, that's what they were meant to be! I had made them last Saturday for lunch, besides my usual Gulai (Curry) Ikan Merah (Red Snapper)!
These were the ingredients......

Ingredients
Tenggiri fillet, about 350g, minced in a food processor...or like I did, using my batu lesung (motar and pestle)
1 inch ginger, pound with fish
1 inch ginger, 2 cloves garlic, chopped finely
2 small tomatoes...I have them in almost all my meals...they are flavour enhancers
1 medium potato skinned, and cubed
1 medium onion, coarsely sliced
about 10 dried anchovies, also a flavour enhancer
a sprinkling of black pepper powder
1 tbsp cooking oil
Method
Heat oil in a medium saucepan...err I am still using the Visionwares that I got from my uni days! Sautee garlic and ginger until, fragrant, add the dried anchovies. When golden, add in 2 cups of water, let simmer, add potatoes. When potatoes are about 80% cooked, make balls from the minced fish and add to the simmering soup. Add tomatoes, onion, a dash of black pepper and salt to taste.

After that...ENJOY, ENJOY, ENJOY...with a bowl of steaming hot rice...mmmmmm..... 

PS: You know it was Teacher's day and the one person that have left out whom I should be thankful to have is my sugarpaste teacher...Wiz! TQVM...muahs! 

4 comments:

Tina said...

darling, the best things in life are simple!! looks so good and wholesome!

Cilantro said...

WOW!Yani....the soup looks and sounds so absolutely .......amazed by your time managment!!!!!!!

KG said...

tina, indeed!

KG said...

cilantro...what time management, i just do it all the time, he, he!

Related Posts with Thumbnails