Thursday 26 January 2012

Sour Cream Maple Banana Cake

Hi you alls! I'm breathing thorugh my personal emails as well as my office emails! But, I have to share with you this recipe that I got just before I left office yesterday! It's easy to make ....I made this last night just before I hit my sack...and baking this cake was literally a bananas in pyjamas agenda, LOL! 

Pictures were taken this morning before I left for work...and please forget my food styling...I was clicking my camera while making Hajar's and Muhammad's milk....haha...that's my life as a kitchen guardian!




Ingredients
  • 100g butter + extra for form, softened
  • 10 tablespoons maple syrup, I had 5 tbsp only, so tonight I'll get some maple syrup to have my cake for supper!
  • 4 ripe bananas
  • 200g muscovado sugar, I used light brown sugar
  • 4 eggs
  • 2 vanilla pods, seeds scrapped, I used 2 tsp vanilla extract...sayang my vanilla beans!
  • 200g all-purpose flour
  • ½ teaspoon baking powder
  • 100g almonds, ground....macaron makers always have this in their kitchen, LOL
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 200g sour cream
Method:
  1. Pre-heat oven to 160 degrees C and butter a square (20cm x 20cm) form and line the base with baking paper.

  2. Pour 5 tablespoons maple syrup and swirl the form to coat the bottom. Cut 3 bananas (I used 5 small pisang emas) in half lengthways and lay them, cut-side down, in the form.

  3. In a mixing bowl beat together the butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla seeds, and the last banana with an electric whisk. Fold in the flour, baking powder, ground almonds and bicarbonate soda with a spatula, then stir in the sour cream.

  4. Carefully spoon into the form without displacing the bananas. Bake for approx. 45 – 60 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean ( I baked mine for 90 minutes, and left it to cool on my coffee table while snooze off on the sofa and later got up at 3 am to keep my cake!).

  5. Take cake out and poke the top all over with a skewer, about halfway into the cake. Pour the remaining maple syrup over the top and allow to soak for a few minutes.

  6. Carefully turn out of the form upside-down, drizzling the banana-studded top with more syrup. Slice cake and serve warm.

Our breakfast this morning! Muhammad loved this, so much so he demanded those that I packed for my colleagues were left with Aunty Roopa! See you tomorrow peeps with a bit more updates!xoxo

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails